India Status: Market share is a much disputed subject in the cola industry—yet some insiders, who claim to be in the know, say that Thums Up accounted for 50 million of the 550 million cases sold in the carbonated drinks segment in 2007, and the brand is the largest selling cola in India, with a share larger than that of Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
Brand story:Thums Up was launched by Parle Agro Pvt. Ltd to fill the void left by the government ban on American soft drinks giant Coca-Cola in the 1970s. The thumbs-up logo was adopted early on, but the brand was positioned differently then.
“Thums Up was earlier positioned as a refreshing cola, with slogans such as Thums Up Makes it Great and Happy Days are here Again. It was post-1996 that the brand moved towards a more individualistic, masculine positioning,” says Kashmira Chadha, director of marketing at Coca-Cola…click here to read ahead
- Powered by Article Dashboard government grant
- Powered by Article Dashboard business slogans
- powered by myBB free government grant
- Powered by Article Dashboard grants for small business
- powered by myBB selling a business
- powered by myBB to sell a business
- Powered by Article Dashboard small business loan
- powered by vBulletin small business loans or grants
- powered by myBB of small business
- Powered by Article Dashboard government grants for