Case Study about Human Resource Management
AbstractCase Study on Human Resource Management practices are now considered as one of the key contributing factors to the success of an organization. The organizations are putting increased emphasis on the policies and practices of HRM to gain competitive advantage. Throughout the whole case study several HRM practices related to the supply chain department of Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd. are discussed. These HRM practices include human resource planning, recruitment and selection, induction, training, performance appraisal, employee development, compensation plan, etc. This discussion has provided the opportunity to analyze the HRM practices of a business organization and to find out the facts which are creating barriers to effective HRM. In the last part of this paper some recommendations are provided for Square to gain competitive advantages through HRM practices.
IntroductionHuman Resource Management (HRM) is a relatively new concept in Bangladesh. It was few years ago that this was considered as a part of the administrative functions of an organization. There was no individual identity for HRM. But as time passed people recognized the importance of HRM in organizations. They realized that HRM is not just to hire people. Apart form hiring, HRM has lots of functions which help an organization to gain competitive advantage (Islam, 2006). Effective HRM practices support business goals and objectives. That is why effective HRM practices are strategic. It can improve the performance of an organization by improving customer satisfaction, innovation and productivity. So from HR planning, recruitment and selection to training, performance appraisal, compensation, all practices of HRM are now considered as equally important as any other aspects of the organization such as marketing, financing, etc.
for more info Human Resource Management
- powered by SMF purpose of performance appraisal
- Powered by Article Dashboard effective performance appraisal
- powered by phpBB customer behavior
- powered by phpBB human resource management science articles
- powered by SMF employee performance objectives
- powered by SMF hr performance management
- powered by phpBB employee performance appraisal form
- Powered by Article Dashboard find human resources and business management information
- powered by phpBB performance review training
- Powered by Article Dashboard hr performance management