This Six Sigma case study looks at how product cost was easily reduced for a company producing formed steel wires. This was one of the simplest cost reduction projects we had ever done but it was very effective. It is a good example of how easily simple tools can help you cut cost.
In this six sigma case study, we look at a factory producing formed steel wires. When the factory asked us for cost reduction suggestions, one of the first things we looked at was the wire “shop length”.The shop length of a wire is simply the length of the wire from one end to the other when laid down on a flat surface. This is not a very sensitive characteristic of the wire. Therefore, the customer tolerances for shop length were quite wide and lenient.
If we could find a way to reduce the shop length of the product and yet stay within specifications, less material would be used which would in turn reduce the cost of the product. Click here to read more…
- six sigma projects in bpo ppt
- cost reduction case study ppt
- six sigma case study example ppt
- six sigma project on inventory reduction/ppt
- sample quality six sigma projects ppt for BPO telecom
- sample call center Six Sigma Ppt
- ppt on inventory reduction case study
- operation cost reduction ppt
- days sales outstanding lean six sigma
- cost reduction case studiies steel flat