Information and communication technologies have a valuable potential to help meet good governance goals in India .Yet that potential remains largely untapped to date. Why? Because of poor human, organizational and technological infrastructure and because of the inappropriate approaches taken by donors, vendors and governments. This paper hopes to give a strategy to proper implementation of various E Governance initiatives in India. It emphasizes establishment of various institutions for E-Governance especially, the School of E-Governance. The paper suggests the establishment of following state of art institutions –
• MIT Interoperability Commission: to look into interoperability of all IT projects.
• Commission to ensure Universal access to information
• An institution for Research and Development in E-Governance (on lines of CDAC)
• An institution for Training and Coaching of Human resources (School of E Governance)
• An institution for spreading awareness. (On lines of company like Exhibitions India Pvt. Ltd.)
• An institution to support PKI.
• A software and technology standards organization
… click here to read ahead