Case Study about Indonesia Cocoa Bean Value Chain
Executive Summary: Indonesia is the third largest producer of cocoa in the world after Ghana and the Ivory Coast, and the most significant cocoa bean supplier in East Asia. Indonesia’s biggest competitive advantages include its low cost, high production capacity, efficient infrastructure and open trading/marketing system.
Although the cocoa value chain in Indonesia has experienced phenomenal growth over the past few decades, its continued competitiveness is threatened by inconsistent and poor quality production. Widespread pest infestation, especially from the cocoa pod borer (CPB), is a primary cause of poor cocoa bean quality. In order to address the problems of CPB infestation, various public and private sector initiatives have been undertaken to conduct research, train and improve the traditional practices of smallholder cocoa farmers in Indonesia.
Click here to read more on Indonesia Cocoa Bean Value Chain
- Powered by Article Dashboard industry value chain
- powered by SMF the process of making it in the music industry research topic
- powered by SMF commercial hardware
- powered by phpBB oregon state
- Powered by Article Dashboard asian preteen models
- powered by SMF the deaf community
- Powered by Article Dashboard cute teen models
- Powered by Article Dashboard wrestling talk
- Powered by Article Dashboard florida teen models
- Powered by Article Dashboard muslim food preparation