What is Cyber Crime: Cyber crime is encompasses any criminal act dealing with computers and networks (called hacking). Additionally, cyber crime also includes traditional crimes conducted through the Internet. For example; hate crimes, telemarketing and Internet fraud, identity theft, and credit card account thefts are considered to be cyber crimes when the illegal activities are committed through the use of a computer and the Internet.
Cyber crime Cyber Jurisdiction: Internet creates virtual world. There are no demarcated boundaries between the people who utilize the web. The utility extends to information, e-banking, e-commerce, communication etc. the technology is open to hacking, pornography, gambling, identity-theft etc.
This requires understanding of jurisdiction. Various principles have been evolved to decide the jurisdiction. To mention (1) minimum contest test (2) personal jurisdiction (3) long arm statutes. With reference to Indian situation section 75 of Information Technology Act, 2000 contents the provisions regarding jurisdiction. Section 13(3), (4) and (5) also deal with cause of action which is of significance in internet transactions. Click here to read more…
- Powered by Article Dashboard people to people scam
- Powered by Article Dashboard contact info
- Powered by Article Dashboard what other people are searching
- powered by SMF card for
- powered by SMF metric unit for weight
- powered by vBulletin importance of computer ethics and software piracy
- Powered by Article Dashboard american arms 22
- Powered by Article Dashboard credit card for people with bad
- Powered by Article Dashboard symantec norton internet
- powered by SMF free radio stations classical music