Lean Project: The team decided to focus improvement on Aberlour’s Sycamore Services. The projected additional spend within this area for staff and relief workers is approaching £150,000 and almost £70,000 over budget
Lean analysis: The additional hours’ process for Sycamore Services was mapped out and displayed in the Kirkcaldy office for all staff members to review and comment on as necessary. The process mapping exercise enabled the team to calculate the amount of value added time / non-value added time. Of the total 30 hours 40 minutes processing time, 69% was classified as value add, with the remaining 31% seen as non-value added activity.