Sony, which was ranked first among consumer electronic brands in the world, was struggling to become the leading brand in India. It faced tough competition from Indian rivals like Videocon and Onida, and multinationals like LG, Samsung and Philips.
To emphasize its brand name and image, Sony India introduced ‘lifestyle concepts’ by launching spacious and aesthetically designed ‘Sony World’ stores. In these stores, Sony displayed its entire product range in a single showroom and targeted high-end customers in urban areas.
Despite promoting its products through advertisements which amounted to 4-5% of the company’s annual turnover, it was only second in market share in its different product segments. Sony introduced four different retail formats in order to differentiate their products, reinforce their brand and serve different customer segments. Click here to read more…
- powered by vBulletin consumer electronics retail
- case study on sony india
- sony music india strategy
- a case study on pricing policy and strategy of sony mobile ppt
- sony india entry strategy
- sony indias retailing strategy case
- sony music india case study ppt
- sony music india ppt
- videocon case study in e-commerce
- videocon case study ppt