Institutionalization of Performance Appraisal System: Maldivian Public Service
Abstract: The public sector in most countries is going through profound restructuring in the face of environmental constraints that force the sector to become more efficient and effective. In this respect, one of the most popular tools used in the contemporary reform programme is the application of performance appraisal systems. However, since appraising is considered to be a particularly controversial management practice anywhere it is being practiced, the successful institutionalization of such a system faces numerous challenges and obstacles.
Introduction: The public sector in most countries, small or big, are going through profound restructuring, trying to provide improved services while at the same time having to drastically downsize in the face of major fiscal constraints. “A significant element of such reforms in the public sector is the initiatives underway to reform public administration, to reinvent government to use a popular expression”. This process of reforming public administration is seen as necessary to meet the dual challenges of improved services with fewer resources. One of the most popular tools used for reform activities at present is Performance Appraisal Systems..
Click here to read more on Institutionalization of Performance Appraisal System
- Powered by Article Dashboard employee performance appraisal comments
- Powered by Article Dashboard performance appraisal comments
- powered by vBulletin performance appraisal methods
- powered by SMF best practices questions for employee performance management system
- powered by phpBB writing the best employee performance appraisals
- Powered by Article Dashboard performance review for supervisor
- Powered by Article Dashboard need help with homework
- powered by SMF framed artwork
- powered by myBB japanese art appraisals
- powered by SMF middle school science teachers