A Case Study about Halo Effect
Challenges in Advertising: Sometime back, while I was monitoring massage ads on the backpage.com site, I noticed an ad placed by a young female practitioner that was continually showing up with notations that she did not provide “HE” or “FS”. These abbreviations stand for Happy Ending. In looking at her ad, I noted that she had included a photo of herself and that she was what I would consider a fairly attractive young female who appeared to be, on first glance, Asian. Thisturned out not to be the case, but the mere appearance of being Asian often is a red flag to some consumers of illicit massage.
Cross Over Effects: One additional halo affect item that has come to light recently is the cross over hiring efforts by some illicit massage practices. On two occasions during 2010, I discovered known prostitution operations, using massage as a front for their services, advertising to hire LMPs through a Seattlemassage school website. That these operations would seek to hire legitimate therapists through a massage school job bulletin board seems unimaginable, but it is apparently true. In both instances, I was able to intervene and the ads were pulled quickly, but what happens if the ads aren’t caught?
Click here to read more on Halo Effect
- powered by vBulletin kid internet safety
- powered by phpBB met art models smoking
- powered by phpBB advertising leads
- powered by phpBB carnegie science center
- powered by vBulletin state board of medical examiners
- Powered by Article Dashboard trade show banners
- powered by SMF childrens ride on toys
- Powered by Article Dashboard summer television
- Powered by Article Dashboard regional police advisory command
- Powered by Article Dashboard creative kids toys